Signed LSP vintage costume jewelry
Signed LSP vintage costume jewelry (1939-1975)
The history of the L.S.P. jewelry brand began nearly ninety years ago in Attleboro, Massachusetts. Founded by a partnership between Henry A. Peterson and Lester S. Peterson “L.S. Peterson Co Inc” began its activity in the late 1930s. According to all sources, the company began operations at least in 1939. Thus, the Official Gazette of the US Patent Office registered a patent for a bracelet made by the company in 1940. In addition, company managers took part in hearings on the use of silver for war purposes in the US Congress in 1941.
The company made jewelry from silver and gold using natural stones – moss agate, turquoise, tiger’s eye, quartz, hematite and others. The marking on the back side of each decoration includes initials “LSP Co” and “sterling”, or gold purity. The local Navajo silversmiths hired by the company worked in accordance with the creative traditions of Native Americans.
In 1975, Ronald W. Bolivar took over the business and renamed the company to RWB. The head office address of the company changed to 5 Fox Meadow Lane, Wayland, MA, 01778. Noteworthy, RWB Inc. ceased to exist in 1985.