Henkel Grosse vintage costume jewelry
The history of Henkel and Grosse began in 1907, in the German capital of jewelers – the city of Pforzheim, when Heinrich Henkel and his brother-in-law Florentin Grosse opened their own company. The firm grew, and in the mid-1920s, the designers established the first business contacts with the United States. Ten years later, they worked with such fashion houses as Lanvin and Schiaparelli in Paris, as well as Harrods in London and Saks in New York. In 1937, Henkel & Grosse was awarded the Medal of Honor at the World Exhibition in Paris for the innovative design of jewelry, as well as for the creation of new technologies in their production.
Many Dior jewelry lovers know the name “Henkel & Grosse”. The creative union of these famous designers took place in the post-war years. Dior was looking for new forms and turned to the best designers of the time – Kramer, Grosse and others. A new stage in the history of the company took place in 1955. Henkel and Grosse got the license for the design, production and sale of luxury jewelry for the Dior brand. Art, technique and craftsmanship managed to overcome the political tensions between France and Germany, former adversaries. A separate company Christian Dior Bijoux was created. However, Henkel & Grosse continued to produce their own jewelry under their own brand. Noteworthy, the licensing agreement lasted over 50 years.
Read more »