Kaleidoscope effect

Jewellery kaleidoscope

Signed Cereve vintage costume jewelry

Signed Cereve vintage costume jewelry

Matte gold tone gripoix glass dangle clip on earrings. 10 cm. 1980s. Signed Cereve vintage costume jewelry

Signed Cereve vintage costume jewelry
The 1980s were an exciting era and a boom in haute couture jewelry, reflecting the individual taste and style of its owner. Excessiveness was typical for clothes, hairstyles, and makeup of the 80s. It expressed itself in everything: bright cosmetics, voluminous hairstyles, and of course, jewelry. Women expressed images of wealth and success with haute couture statement gold tone jewelry. In addition, French jewelry was an indispensable part of the fashion shows of the most famous French designers, such as Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix, Yves Saint Laurent and others. Many jewelers of that time worked for fashion designers, creating jewelry under their name. However, there were also jewelers who labeled products under their own name or under the name of the boutique where they sold their works.
Parisian workshop Cereve created jewelry for no more than two decades, in the 1970s and 1980s. Sold on the original black velvet card “Cereve Bijoux France”, each piece had Cereve marking. The masters of this brand mainly made massive Etruscan-style earrings using Gripoix glass and “crumpled gold”. Handcrafted in limited editions, each piece is unique, and even the earrings in the same pair are slightly different.
By the way, Ce rêve means “that dream” in English.
Read more »

Signed Angel vintage costume jewelry

Signed Angel vintage costume jewelry

Bird of paradise vintage brooch. Gold tone metal alloy, pave rhinestones, multicolor enamel, art glass. 8 cm. 1980s. Signed Angel vintage costume jewelry

Signed Angel vintage costume jewelry
Registered in 1989, the American jewelry trademark “Angel Jewelry” existed until 1999. It was a family owned business by Martha M. Powers located at Woodtrail Drive, Columbia, South Carolina. Handcrafted with high craftsmanship and quality materials, the products of this company are very rare.
Traditionally, the designer used gold-tone metal alloy, gilding, multi-colored enamels, rhinestones and crystals. Made in a classic style, this brand’s costume jewelry includes a variety of figurative designs in the form of bows, flowers, berries, animals and plants. The markings on the back of each piece include the word Angel in stylized letters on a round cartouche.
Noteworthy, Martha M. Powers owned three jewelry trademarks. In particular, Guardian Angel (1985-1999), Angel (1991-1993), and Angel Jewelry (1989-1999).
Read more »

Signed Camco vintage costume jewelry

Signed Camco vintage costume jewelry

Acorn oak leaves brass tone lapel pin. 1990s. Signed Camco vintage costume jewelry

Signed Camco vintage costume jewelry

The history of costume jewelry trademark “Camco” began in 1930 in Providence, Rhode Island. The trademark belongs to family owned company Cathedral Art Metal Co., Inc, founded in 1920 in Providence, Rhode Island.
For its one hundred years of activity, the company, along with Camco, has registered various jewelry trademarks. In particular, Jesus 2000 (1997), Motif, Cathedral Art (1999), God Answers Knee Mail, Heart Menders, Snow Angels, Knee Mail, Sterling Treasures, Arrive Alive! Don’t Text And Drive!, Boston Strong, Pray It Forward, Barefoot & Preppy, and CA Gift.
Traditionally, Camco-labeled jewelry includes holiday and religious designs – Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and other holiday ornaments. Mostly lapel pins and charms, their designs include hearts, Angels, cherubs and cupids, winged humans or animals with halos, etc. Made of metal alloys of gold and silver tone and pewter, with the use of rhinestones and enamel, these items could be a nice holiday gift.
Noteworthy, the company is still active and produces beautiful key rings, charms, crosses, medallions, ornaments, figurines, decorative mirrors, frames of precious metal, and more.
Read more »

Louis Rousselet vintage costume jewelry

Louis Rousselet vintage costume jewelry

Lily flower brooch. Gold tone metal, fabric, pink art glass. 1950s. Louis Rousselet vintage costume jewelry

Louis Rousselet vintage costume jewelry
The history of French jewelry brand owned by Louis Rousselet (1892-1980) began in 1922 a Parisian suburb of Menilmontant. Born in Paris, eight-year old Louis joined Monsieur Rousseau’s apprenticeship, where he had mastered the bead making technique for several years. Having started the production of glass and Galalith beads, he made magnificent pearls imitating natural ones, using a special technology. The basis of such pearls was glass beads covered with d’Orient essence, a composition of fish scales. Handcrafted and meticulously polished, these beads in a wide variety of colors and styles allowed the designer to create exquisite brooches, earrings, sautoirs, pendants and necklaces. Within three years, Louis was able to expand the business, hiring about 800 workers and successfully selling his beads all over the world.
Moreover, his high quality beads have become material for other designers around the world. Success was not long in coming. Many stars of that time acquired his brilliant jewelry. In particular, famous dancer and jewelry lover Josephine Baker. Casino de Paris and Moulin Rouge, as well as clients of such couturiers as Chanel, Pierre Balmain and Robert Piquet admired Louis Rousselet jewelry art.
In 1943, Luis’s daughter Denise joined the family business, and even opened her own store “Jeanne Danjou” (named after her mother). Creating her own unique collections, she established herself as a talented designer. When Louis retired in 1965, she took over the business. Her son also worked in the company. Noteworthy, she stopped producing pearls, but continued to produce glass beads until the last skilled worker retired. The company ceased to exist in 1975.
Traditionally unmarked, most jewelry pieces were accompanied with hallmarked paper tags. However, some items were marked “Made in France” or the initials LR, for example on the clasp.
Read more »

Lederer vintage costume jewelry

Lederer vintage costume jewelry

Art nouveau woman with a hat rhinestones gold-filled locket. 1910s. S & B L Lederer vintage costume jewelry

S & B Lederer vintage costume jewelry
The history of Sigmund and Benedict B. Lederer began in Providence in 1870s. Initially, the company’s name was Seery & Lederer, (Edward Seery and Sigmund Lederer) located at 117 Summer Street, 1875. The earliest mention of S & B Lederer was in 1884 ads as “Manufacturers of Fire Gilt, Nickel, Fine Electro and Silver Plated Chains”. Noteworthy, in 1907, the new owner of “Lederer”, Providence Stock Company became his nephew George T. Lederer (1880 – 1977).
Bom in Chicago, Illinois, he was the son of the late Elias Joachim Lederer. George owned the company until his retirement in 1950. Located in the S & B Lederer Building at 100 Stewart Street in Providence, the company manufactured rolled plate chains, silver novelties, chain bracelets, gold scarf pins and brooches. Also, the company made gold plated lockets with etched designs in Victorian and Art Nouveau style. Traditionally, the craftsmen used metal alloys, 14 K gold, rhinestones, and signed their pieces. The marking included “S & B L Co.” Pat. and sometimes five-pointed star, or/and “Veribest” on oval cartouche, depending on design. High quality handmade jewelry by this company is very rare and highly collectible.
Read more »

Bojar vintage costume jewelry

Bojar vintage costume jewelry

Cultured pearl 12 K gold filled leaf design brooch. Bojar vintage costume jewelry

Bojar vintage costume jewelry
Originally from Lithuania, Leo Bojar came to New York from Poland with his wife and his son William in 1914. While working in New York as a book keeper for five clients, he met Benjamin Novgrad, a sales representative, who convinced Bojar to start a jewelry business with him in Providence. The Bojars moved to Douglas Avenue, Providence, and on September 19, 1919 the partners’ business started at 24 Conduit street. Initially, they produced gold rings to be sold to wholesalers.
However, in 1925 their partnership was dissolved and Novgrad went into partnership with Charle Rothman as Rothman and Novgrad. Bojar continued in business as Bojar Manufacturing Company, buying tools of bankrupt firms whenever he could. Leo Bojar’s son William, graduated from Brown University in 1933 and went into the family business. He continued to run Bojar Manufacturing company. Then, his son David joined the company in 1971. The company ceased to exist in 1986.
Traditionally, the company’s jewelers used 12 or 14 K gold, 925 sterling silver, cubic zirconia and a variety of semi-precious stones – jade, tiger’s Eye, bloodstone, carnelian, etc. The marking includes “Bojar”, and “sterling”, or “12K GF” (gold filled). Handcrafted with high craftsmanship and quality materials, Bojar-marked vintage jewelry is a collector’s item.
Read more »

Harry Klitzner vintage costume jewelry

Harry Klitzner vintage costume jewelry

Scottish bagpiper brooch of gold tone, rhinestones. 6.5 cm. 1950s. Harry Klitzner vintage costume jewelry

Harry Klitzner vintage costume jewelry
The history of Providence based family company “Klitzner Industries” began at the turn of the century, in 1907. Its founder, fourteen-year-old Harry Klitzner worked as a plater’s helper in someone else’s jewelry shop. When he went home, he made fraternal emblematic jewelry in the back of his mother’s candy store on Bernon Street in
Providence. The first success was an elk’s tooth carved from Alaskan walrus for members of the Benevolent Protective Order of the Elks. In fact, Harry’s dream to own a successful company, was helped along by family members during those early years. His first recruit was his sister, Lillian, who had worked for Klitzner Industries for about 60 years. Then followed his 15-year-old niece Ruth Goldman. Robert A. Klitzner, Harry’s son joined the company after service in World War II. Another son, William, and Harry’s grandchildren, Aland and Carl also became the part of the company.
By 1980s, Klitzner Industries consisted of four divisions: Harry Klitzner Company, fraternal jewelry; Providence Emblem, industrial and premium jewelry; Historic Providence Mint, consumer collectibles; and K.I. Special Sales, private label manufacturing.
A family company with more than 110 years of experience, has registered more than a dozen trademarks and is still active.
Read more »