Hammerman Bros Fine Jewelry
Hammerman Bros Fine Jewelry (1947-1993)
The history of a renowned American jewelry brand “Hammerman Bros” began in 1947 founded by New York born brothers Hyman, Benjamin and Bernard. They were the sons of Louis and Rose Hammerman – Hyman (1918-1997), Benjamin (1919-2015), and Bernard Hammerman (1923-1999). After the end of World War II, the three brothers returned from the army service in Europe and teamed up to form the successful Hammerman Brothers, a jewelry manufacturer.
In the production of jewelry they used platinum, 14 and 18 carat gold, diamonds, sapphires, emeralds and other precious stones. Also, corals, enamel and pearls. Product markings include stylized capital letters “HB”, gold purity and a copyright mark.
Astute businessmen, the brothers built one of the largest jewelry factories in America. As the business expanded, they successfully supplied department stores and boutiques around the world with their products. The Hammerman name is trusted and respected for setting the quality standard in the industry.
Incorporated at the address 53 Nassau street, in November 1947 Hammerman Bros. Inc. ceased to exist in June 1993.
Noteworthy, Hammerman Bros. Inc, Inc. registered in 1961 at the address 50 West 57th St, New York continues to be a family business headed by Brett Hammerman.