At the beginning of the XX century Italian jewelry industry was in a downturn. The palm in the decorative arts owned by the French: to replace the period of the Napoleonic Empire came the classic style fades into the Belle Epoch, Art Nouveau and Art Deco. In the production of jewelry no country could compete with France, except the United States. And the fact that the Italian masters of jewelry were trend setters in the jewelry world during the Renaissance, the Medici and Borgia was safely forgotten. To bring back to life the Italian jeweler’s art, perhaps, needed talent and energy of Sotirios Voulgaris, the Greek master silversmith and founder of Bvlgari (ancient Roman classical writing, where the letter «U» can be referred to as «V»). At the end of the XIX century, he moved from Greece to Italy, settled first in Naples and then in Rome, where in 1884 opened his first jewelry shop and workshop on Via Sistina.