Napier vintage jewellery
The company Napier began its history in 1875 in Attleboro – a city in Bristol County, Massachusetts, United States, releasing men’s pocket watch made of silver under the name “Whitney and Rice”. Already in 1882 the owners renamed the company to “Carpenter and Bliss”, shifting production to the state of Connecticut and in the following decade their business was growing very fast. In 1922 the president of the company became James Napier, who launched jewellery under the brand of his own name – Napier. Unlike many jewelry companies of the time, Napier did not stop any work during the First and the Second World War. Instead, the company wisely reconstructed the manufacture, having started making orders and medals.
In the 1950s the First Lady Mamie Eisenhower called Napier her favorite jewelry and almost never parted with given to her bracelet from the Egyptian collection. The Napier Company was sold in 1980. The new owner, Victoria & Company Ltd, releasing several unsuccessful collections, was unable to save any design or style of the famous jewelry brand. October 15, 1999 Napier brand ceased to exist, only a few months before their incredible 125-year anniversary.
Collectible brooch (PIN) Teddy Bear, a rare and unusual decoration of the American company Napier. Brooch belongs to the category of mechanical jewelry, its agile legs, head spinning, bright black eyes glitter. Decorated with Swarovski crystals, the brooch is made of yellow alloy of gold colors, different surface textures, the game which is based on the contrast between matt textured effect of metal processing and smooth polished surface. This method is called “brushing” and is characteristic of the decorations of the 1960s – 70s.